It is a good idea to hire someone to write your salecopy for you if you are really inexperienced. But here is what I have learned in my experience from hiring copywriters and writing copy.
You get the biggest name in the game (not all but some) who talk the talk and say things that you’re doing wrong with your copy and then they talk about how they can take you to the next level then they talk about all the wrong wording you used when writing your own copy and how it will not sell.
Then they use glorified words that every other copywriter (douche) says which are things like:
- oh you’re selling from your heels
- never ask a question in the opening headline
and much more.
Only then to find out that these writers themselves when they go to write your copy for you, they make these same mistakes and do EXACTLY what they told you not to do. The only difference is:
- when you did it, they claimed you have no idea what you’re doing
- When they do it for you, you were out a minimum $5,000 for the same copy they told you NOT to write.
Let me tell you what my take is on the whole copywriting thing.
In today’s post I will be talking about Facebook Ads.
See I started teaching about Facebook advertising and Facebook ads a while back since 2010 when no one else was talking about it at all. I used to teach this and give it away as FREE information along with The Traffic Maverick program.
Now back in 2010 Facebook was not that good with their advertising platform to be honest. They were good in a sense where they can drive traffic and get you sales for sure but they were:
- Not keen on their targeting.
- Always had glitches. (Still do but way more in the past).
- Back in 2010 they had way less options and features targeting wise than they do now.
Trying to steer away from Google over the years because of their rediculous rules; I had the luxury of focusing more on BING ADS especially when they merged with Yahoo. I thought that was amazing at the time.
Did you know that Bing over the years has surpassed leaps and bounds and achieved massive goals ?
When someone arrives to your website and see your offer, how do you get them to stay long enough to get hooked and more than likely want to take action ?
Let’s cover the basics first of how this is going to play out. Here it goes:
- If you’re not building a list you are insane
- If you’re not building a list you will have a hard time increasing sales
- We all know that when someone sees our offer, more than like;y they will not take action so we must collect a name and/or email address.
So the way it will happen is lets say you drive 100 visitors to your offer per day. On average if you have a good enough offer and attracting the right people, you will get about 1-2 sales and sometimes none. So what you need to do is have some sort of lead capture form that pops up or have it somehwere on your website for someone to be able to enter their name and email address. The reason why you do this is for the sole fact that we know almost no one buys on the first visit. So when collecting the name and email, you would be bringing them back over and over asgain to your offer and get them to maybe take action one of these times.
So this is the analogy that we are working with. Now the real question is:
I am going to share with you in this post some quick tips you can use to make more money from your existing business and/or list. Let’s take for example the holidays or special events like for example last Friday was BLACK FRIDAY. On days like this, you can easily put up a small page on your website and offer a crazy discount on your info product. This would dramatically increase your sales and give you a surge of transactions coming your way.
I did several promotions on BLACK FRIDAY and for about 28 hours, my sales increased by 23%. Keep in mind, I was offering discounts BUT, the volume of sales coming in further outweighs the amount of revenue I generated at a discount as opposed to NOT offering a discount and selling at regular price.
This works if you sell your own product or if you’re an affiliate. The above scenario was for those who own their own products. Now if you’re an affiliate it is honestly so much easier. Here are some tips for affiliates to take advanatge of such events:
Happy thanksgiving to all on this amazing day !!
Writing email follow-ups is an art of its own believe it or not. When you talk to someone through email, it is different from how you talk to them on webinars, phone, or even through a sales video.
Each way of communication has its own distinct channel and you have to treat it as such to get maximum results. Here is what most people do wrong with email marketing:
- Too professional
- offer discounts like crazy because they think this is what will get them to buy
- send out 5 emails a day
All these reasons are horrible and will get you almost no results.
See, the only reason why someone would not take action on your offer is most of the times based on the portrayed quality of your offer. Meaning, they just did not see enough value for them to take action. Believe it or not most of the time it has nothing to do with the price. It is all about portraying value. And when I say “PORTRAYING” I mean:
- Portraying value in the product
- Portraying value in yourself (most important)
People want to like you and trust you, then once they do, if your product offers enough value, then they will eventually buy it.
Here are some tips to help you write better emails that convert into sales:
- Use the email followups as an educational tool to educate your subscriber more about what you’re selling.
- Instead of saying BUY BUY BUY; Offer features and benefits about your products
- Talk a little about yourself and why you’re doing this. Tell your story
- Don’t send out more than one email a day unless you’re running a product launch.
yep, it is this simple, if you follow the steps above, you will do way better with email marketing. Enjoy !!!
Before I begin, I know my posts have been a little late lately. My sleeping pattern have been off the charts as I stay up day and night working on some projects that I like to get out of the way. So forgive me for that.
Alright; I am going to give you some golden nuggets in this post on how to price your offers and products for maximum profits. Let’s assume that you have a product for sale and that it is in somehwat of a demand.
So now you have this product with a salespage ready to be sold on the market. First thing you need to understand is that:
NOT ALL TRAFFIC IS CREATED EQUAL !!!
People have a hard time understanding this which is why I laugh at the gurus when they tell you to just drive traffic from all those different sources and you will just make money. I guarantee you that no GURU is getting more than few thousands visitors to their website from direct traffic per day. Please do not misuse my words, I am saying from direct traffic. Let me explain why.
Only a few marketers like myself spend years to understand the effectiveness of each method of traffic. Let me put it to you this way:
- The traffic you get from Google is Different from that you get from BING
- The traffic you get From Google search and Adwords serves a totally different audience.
- Traffic you get from Facbeook serves a different purpose and different audience.
You really must understand the traffic that is coming to your website to be able to deliver your product effectively to that traffic. Now before I go further, I wrote a post a while back about pricing your product as well. Following that previous post and this one here will help ensure you determine which traffic methods are even profitable for you.
The question begs, “How will I know the quality of each traffic and if it is profitable for me?”
Answer: There is no easier way to put this but you really have to:
- spend money
- test your offer with each traffic method from many different angles WITHOUT watering down (losing quality) of your offer.
This is the only way you will discover if each traffic method is even worth it for you. I can give you some pointers but do not take them as a holy grail, take them as a starting point to go by:
- If you want to sell a product directly at a higher price point or monthly subscription, I have my best results with PPC. Anything I sell that is $97 and up, I do PPC, surprisingly, for my offers personally, Warrior Forum works for me even on expensive products I sell.
- If I want to build a list or sell low end offers, I use CPM mail drops and other cheap traffic methods. Because a free offer is free offer, you just have to drive targeted traffic to that offer.
Now here is a trick that will help you make way more money if you follow it. What I am about to tell you, I myself was a victim of it for the longest time. Most peopel who create products including me, we hold our product and the price point of the product dear to us. We only want to bring the price up and never bring it down.
This is because:
- We spend weeks and months, even years building that product
- We put sweat and tears into the product
- We know our product’s worth but we have a hard time portraying it in a way that gets us top dollar.
I was a victim of all this for the longest time and till this day, I think it left some residue that I have yet to get rid of
Bottom line is this; do not get too attached to your product and how much you’re selling it for. Money is money, whether you get lots of it or less of it, bottom line is that you want to get some and you should price your product at whatever price point to be able to get that sale whether it be $27 or $97.
So here is what I do sometimes. With differen traffic methods that I find effective with my offers, I sometimes create separate videos or sales pages and on each traffic method, I sell my product at a different price point just to be able to cater to the audience of that specific market.
And I am cool with that I don’t care as long as I a making sales. If you learn to do that as well you will get way ahead with your online business.