I know I always say sorry for missing a day of blogging (Frioday I think) but oh well you will forgive me once I tell you why. Over the weekend I finished my latest creation of writing a 32 page report on what you must do to be a successful affiliate in 2014. Here is a cover teaser:
Cover and headlines are subject to change. This is not a final draft but this is just for you to see what I will be releasing soon. It is about 32 pages and it oultines exactly what is going on in our affiliate industry. It diggs deep to explain this obsession with affiliate marketing and why so many marketers love over complicating the simplicity of affiliate marketing.
This report tells all and much more.
My entire goal out of this report is to get you to start the new year (2014) on a scuccessful path to affiliate wealth.
- So what I did in this report was explain to you the foundation of affiliate marketing and exactly what is going on in the industry.
- Then I gave you the exact steps (3 steps) of what you MUST be doing in order to have an everlasting affiliate business that will never crumble or die out.
Anywho, this is my update for today.. I will send out an email to whoever is on my list once I publish this report. It should bee soon. If you’re not on my list, optin to be notified of when I release this report.
Hope you’re looking forward to it. I know I am !!!
How are you currently running your affiliate offers ? Are you sending direct traffic to your offers ?
If you are then you might want to consider doing something different because there is more cons than pros when sending traffic directly to an offer.
Method #1 – When you send traffic directly to an offer:
- There is no way of tracking true metrics to see how your traffic is behaving
- You cannot build a list in the process because you do not have html or file access to the website you’re sending traffic to
- The industry average is a 0.5-2% conversion rate to a sale on the first visit. This means for every 100 visitors you might get no sales or up to 2 sales. So there is absolutely no stability and you’re always guessing as to what to do next or if one day you will make money or lose money on traffic costs.
It is a good idea to hire someone to write your salecopy for you if you are really inexperienced. But here is what I have learned in my experience from hiring copywriters and writing copy.
You get the biggest name in the game (not all but some) who talk the talk and say things that you’re doing wrong with your copy and then they talk about how they can take you to the next level then they talk about all the wrong wording you used when writing your own copy and how it will not sell.
Then they use glorified words that every other copywriter (douche) says which are things like:
- oh you’re selling from your heels
- never ask a question in the opening headline
and much more.
Only then to find out that these writers themselves when they go to write your copy for you, they make these same mistakes and do EXACTLY what they told you not to do. The only difference is:
- when you did it, they claimed you have no idea what you’re doing
- When they do it for you, you were out a minimum $5,000 for the same copy they told you NOT to write.
Let me tell you what my take is on the whole copywriting thing.
In today’s post I will be talking about Facebook Ads.
See I started teaching about Facebook advertising and Facebook ads a while back since 2010 when no one else was talking about it at all. I used to teach this and give it away as FREE information along with The Traffic Maverick program.
Now back in 2010 Facebook was not that good with their advertising platform to be honest. They were good in a sense where they can drive traffic and get you sales for sure but they were:
- Not keen on their targeting.
- Always had glitches. (Still do but way more in the past).
- Back in 2010 they had way less options and features targeting wise than they do now.
Trying to steer away from Google over the years because of their rediculous rules; I had the luxury of focusing more on BING ADS especially when they merged with Yahoo. I thought that was amazing at the time.
Did you know that Bing over the years has surpassed leaps and bounds and achieved massive goals ?
When someone arrives to your website and see your offer, how do you get them to stay long enough to get hooked and more than likely want to take action ?
Let’s cover the basics first of how this is going to play out. Here it goes:
- If you’re not building a list you are insane
- If you’re not building a list you will have a hard time increasing sales
- We all know that when someone sees our offer, more than like;y they will not take action so we must collect a name and/or email address.
So the way it will happen is lets say you drive 100 visitors to your offer per day. On average if you have a good enough offer and attracting the right people, you will get about 1-2 sales and sometimes none. So what you need to do is have some sort of lead capture form that pops up or have it somehwere on your website for someone to be able to enter their name and email address. The reason why you do this is for the sole fact that we know almost no one buys on the first visit. So when collecting the name and email, you would be bringing them back over and over asgain to your offer and get them to maybe take action one of these times.
So this is the analogy that we are working with. Now the real question is:
I am going to share with you in this post some quick tips you can use to make more money from your existing business and/or list. Let’s take for example the holidays or special events like for example last Friday was BLACK FRIDAY. On days like this, you can easily put up a small page on your website and offer a crazy discount on your info product. This would dramatically increase your sales and give you a surge of transactions coming your way.
I did several promotions on BLACK FRIDAY and for about 28 hours, my sales increased by 23%. Keep in mind, I was offering discounts BUT, the volume of sales coming in further outweighs the amount of revenue I generated at a discount as opposed to NOT offering a discount and selling at regular price.
This works if you sell your own product or if you’re an affiliate. The above scenario was for those who own their own products. Now if you’re an affiliate it is honestly so much easier. Here are some tips for affiliates to take advanatge of such events:
Happy thanksgiving to all on this amazing day !!
Writing email follow-ups is an art of its own believe it or not. When you talk to someone through email, it is different from how you talk to them on webinars, phone, or even through a sales video.
Each way of communication has its own distinct channel and you have to treat it as such to get maximum results. Here is what most people do wrong with email marketing:
- Too professional
- offer discounts like crazy because they think this is what will get them to buy
- send out 5 emails a day
All these reasons are horrible and will get you almost no results.
See, the only reason why someone would not take action on your offer is most of the times based on the portrayed quality of your offer. Meaning, they just did not see enough value for them to take action. Believe it or not most of the time it has nothing to do with the price. It is all about portraying value. And when I say “PORTRAYING” I mean:
- Portraying value in the product
- Portraying value in yourself (most important)
People want to like you and trust you, then once they do, if your product offers enough value, then they will eventually buy it.
Here are some tips to help you write better emails that convert into sales:
- Use the email followups as an educational tool to educate your subscriber more about what you’re selling.
- Instead of saying BUY BUY BUY; Offer features and benefits about your products
- Talk a little about yourself and why you’re doing this. Tell your story
- Don’t send out more than one email a day unless you’re running a product launch.
yep, it is this simple, if you follow the steps above, you will do way better with email marketing. Enjoy !!!